Happy New Year! A change in the calendar always lends itself to a moment of reflection, and as we begin the new year I can’t help but think about — and more importantly appreciate — the hard work and dedication of my fellow YLD board members and the co-chairs on each of our committees. Here’s who they are and what they’ll be up to in 2016:
- Colleen O’Brien and Web Melton are the YLD board liaisons for the Member Services Committee, which is co-chaired by Ashley Hayes and Jake Hanson. In 2016, the committee will host Coffee at the Courthouse on January 26, a Paddle-Boarding Wellness Event in mid- to late April, and will support the 5k Pro Bono River Run and Pig Roast on March 5.
- Adam Fernandez and YLD Past President Anthony “Nino” Martino are the YLD board liaisons for the Professionalism and Ethics Committee, which is co-chaired by Lexie Larkin and Nathan Frazier. This committee will host the State Court Trial Seminar in June.
- Melissa Mora and Brett Metcalf are the YLD board liaisons for the Youth Projects Committee, which is co-chaired by Jamie Meola. The children at A Kids Place will benefit from the Holidays in the New Year event on February 20 at Tampa Grand Prix. The committee will also host Steak-n-Sports Day to benefit underserved children.
- Tammy Briant and Melissa Mora are the YLD board liaisons for the Long-Range Planning Committee, which is chaired by Lexie Larkin. This committee is drafting proposed changes to the YLD bylaws and developing a membership survey
- Jason Whittemore and Jeff Wilcox are the YLD board liaisons for the Events Committee, which is co-chaired by Zachary Bayne and Andrew Smith. This committee will host Cornhole for a Cause benefiting Big Brothers Big Sisters in late March.
- Laura Tanner and Traci Koster are the YLD board liaisons for the Pro Bono Committee, which is co-chaired by Ella Shenhav and Katelyn Desrosiers. This committee will continue the monthly family forms clinic.
- Amy Nath, Alexandra Haddad, and Maja Lacevic are the YLD board liaisons for the Law-Related Education & Mock Trial Committee, and Clint Morrell and Nicholas Williams co-chair the Simms Mock Trial, which is scheduled to occur in early February. This committee will also host Law Week on May 23.